question

galatea avatar image
galatea asked

Cerbo gx using two solar chargers to charge one battery

I have a cerbo gx, rec bms, a 100/50 mppt, and a 150/75 mppt. Started with just 100/50 everything worked fine. I added the 150/75 and 2 Panasonic vbhn340sa17 panels got a DVCC firmware 48 warning. I went to the VRM portal to update firmware both mppt were on my device list but trying to up date the firmware it said there were no undateable devices. I deleted my 150/75 to see if that would fix the problem. It didn't. Now I can not get it back on my device list. The 100/50 has now disappeared from my touchscreen and is not sending data to the VRM and is not in the cerbo menu. help.

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Galatea

That "#48 DVCC" alarm was a bug in the Cerbo (Venus OS) firmware. It was logged as fixed in v2.63 of the Cerbo, not the mppts. Update your Cerbo to the latest fw and it should go away. From within the Cerbo itself, not VRM.

It probably actually refers to incompatible firmware in VEBus kit (like a Multiplus), and that issue may well remain with old firmware there if DVCC is selected in the Cerbo.

I don't know what you've done with your mppts, but if they're somehow corrupted you could try powering them down on both batt and pv sides, wait 15 min, then reconnect (batt first). Check your settings are all ok after doing that.

Let us know how you go..

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

galatea avatar image galatea commented ·

Thank you for your help. I have 2.63 on my cerbo. Just tried the depowering both the MPPTs disconnected the victron directl cable from the 150/75 to the cerbo waited 20 minutes reconnected without the panels and still the cerbo does not see them.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 galatea commented ·

Is the solar charger missing from Cerbo GX's device list, too?

Or is it only missing from VRM's device list?

0 Likes 0 ·
eljefe avatar image eljefe seb71 commented ·

I am having the exact same issue. With two solar chargers, only one shows on the cerbo. Have tried the procedure above. Both show on Victron Connect. Neither show on Cerbo local or VRM online device lists.

Can you expound?

0 Likes 0 ·