question

tpwchr avatar image
tpwchr asked

How to charge up to 80% max? Pylontech

Hello everyone. Finally I'm going to install the equipment for an off-grid and I have studied the values recommended from victron:

Absorption voltage 52.0 V
Float voltage 51.0 V

But I have read that it's much healthier for the battery to not charge it at 100%. Would it be better to charge it at less than those values?

What values is people using? I'm a bit worried for this because i trust in Victron but maybe it's better to tweak a bit those values to extend the life of the batteries. Thanks a lot.

Multiplus-IIPylontech
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Stick to those values they are perfectly fine to use, this is what i use on my system installs with no issues at all. Nothing to worry about. The Pylotrech BMS take control anyway.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

52V Absorption voltage should be safe for Pylontech (15 cell).

52V means about 3.47V cell voltage (on average).

The limit you should not go over is 3.6V (for any cell).

Maybe lower the Float voltage to about 50.3V-50.6V.

On the other end - set the inverter to turn off at 45V (or higher). So do not allow the battery voltage under 45V.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tpwchr avatar image tpwchr commented ·

Thanks for the reply @Seb71 . What % would be approx 45V? So you mean that if it reaches that, generator should turn itself on instead? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 tpwchr commented ·

It is a safety measure. At 45V the inverter should turn off/stop inverting, to not damage the batteries. That would be close to 0% SOC (depending on the momentary load).

You also have the BMS which should protect against over-discharge (and over-charge).

0 Likes 0 ·