question

andreir avatar image
andreir asked

Smartshunt + VE.Direct LoRaWAN are compatible to send SmartShunt data to VRM Portal?

I think to connect a Smartshunt with a VE Direct LoRaWAN, to read remotely the battery State of Charge and other parameters Smartshunt may send to the VRM Portal.

Is this a legitimate, feasible use case supported by Victron? Anybody tested this configuration?

I read VE Direct LoRaWAN manual but I do not see compatibility with the SmartShunt. Thus my questions above.

Below an excerpt form the VE Direct LORaWAN manual:

Product compatibility

This module has one VE.Direct port and is compatible with:

• All MPPT Solar Charge Controllers which have a VE.Direct Port
  • BMV Battery Monitor 700 series
  • BMV Battery Monitor 712 Smart series
  • Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct models

The module is not compatible with our Peak Power Packs - even though they have a VE.Direct Port.

More information is also available on our website: https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/ve-direct-lorawan

SmartShuntVE.DirectLoRaWAN
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

axel-jacobs avatar image axel-jacobs commented ·
Hello, could you tell us if it worked. I intend to do the same? Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I'm not tested it but a SmartShunt is basically a BMV-712 without a display so I guess it should work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

henk-victron avatar image
henk-victron answered ·

Hi

I have just bought a Victron Smatt Shunt and noticed the very low bluethooth signal range. So i want to extend that and if possible by connecting the shunt to the internet.

I already use lorawan in my Camper/RV. It has a TTN gateway and a LTE modem. So i would very much like to connect the Smart shunt by the Victron lorawan module. BUT I read the shunt is not supported though it does have a ve.direct port.

Has anyone tried it as suggested in this tread.?

2 |3000

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic