question

atarlecky avatar image
atarlecky asked

Audible Alarm on Cerbo GX / Touch is very faint

Any way to turn up the audible alarm on the cerbogx/Touch 50? Its so faint I can't hear it. My wife, who has amazing hearing, can barely hear it.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, have you tried updating to the latest firmware version?

we fixed this somewhere in the last months.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vincefarrar avatar image vincefarrar commented ·

Yes, 2.66 and it's still very faint.

0 Likes 0 ·
trip-tracks avatar image trip-tracks commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy)

I cannot hear the alarm at all v2.70~11

Is the code accessible?

0 Likes 0 ·
atarlecky avatar image
atarlecky answered ·

Yes, we are on the latest version.

5 comments
2 |3000

How far away are you from the Cerbo? The alarm is in the Cerbo and not in the screen.

0 Likes 0 ·
atarlecky avatar image atarlecky Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Well that is a bad design - if you can put a speaker in an iphone surely you have room in something bigger than an iphone for a loud alarm. Voice announcement would be helpful as well. The cerbo is located in a cabinet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ atarlecky commented ·

@atarlecky

You can use a relay on the Cerbo to switch an external buzzer that you can mount where you want it.

When connected to internet, you can also have the system send out emails.

0 Likes 0 ·
vincefarrar avatar image vincefarrar Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

The problem is I am using the relay to control a tank level pump, so until then enable he 2nd relay this does not solve the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
kareemmagill avatar image kareemmagill vincefarrar commented ·

I’m in the same situation, my relay1 is in use AND I need a louder alarm.

0 Likes 0 ·
trip-tracks avatar image
trip-tracks answered ·

I cannot hear it at all.
v2.70~11

Is the code accessible?

2 |3000