question

romain-bourdy avatar image
romain-bourdy asked

Appliance shunt ?

Hello there,

I likely have an issue with my boat victron setup and would like to find "appliances" shunt, to monitor and breakdown what the fridges draw, the navigation electronics draw and so on. I found this for other brand but seems like victron doesn't do that ?

Current setup:

Quattro 12/5000

Lynx Shunt + Distributor

2x MPPT 150/60

CCGX

Thanks !

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Romain Bourdy,

You're correct, Victron does not have appliance-specific shunts, or multiple-input/output-tracking battery monitors. You can always put multiple monitors on a system, like a SmartShunt on each of your main load sources and track them each that way, but that gets costly (though, for that matter, the multiple I/O battery monitors that I'm aware of are also incredibly expensive) and a bit cumbersome.

You could always just put a single SmartShunt inline with a load for 24 hours (say, the fridge) and note how much it consumes, then move it to the next load (nav) for 24 hours and note how much that consumes, and so on, and then you'd have hard numbers to work with.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic