question

wudycool avatar image
wudycool asked

Victron multiplus12/1600 as Grid with gti and limiter

Hello I have a sun-1000gtil2 with limiter which works fine but I have no use anymore in my house for it. ( have bigger one’s doing all the job)

So I liketo use it in my Gartenhauses where I have a multiplus. My question is:

Since the sun inverter is not 100% limiting and Sometimes feeds 5-10 Watts back when loads change quickly, I wonder if this would destroy the 12/1600 multiplus or this is not a big deal? Or it even just charges the battery and I worry to much ;)

Thank you for the answer

ESSmultiplus compact
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wudycool avatar image wudycool commented ·

Hello Again.
Does realy no one know a answer, or is my question just not good enought? :D
hope someone knows the answer and provides it to me and the other 37 people who are waiting for it ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its pretty well stated in the specs for the solar grid tie connections as to whats needed..

if you do use it and the batteries ar full and you cant export to grid and there is no power being used then the extra power will be feed into the batteries and thus they could be damaged.

So this is all up to you, Its doughtfull that it will damage the Multiplus, more issues are the batteries or attached 230 volt gear.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I think I understand the question.
You mean that if a 500W load switches off, then the GTi takes a little bit longer to respond and kicks back 5-10W for a short time?
That should be OK, you are under the 1:1 rule for AC Coupling, so then the remaining loads can take it up and the MultiPlus could put it into the battery if it lasts a bit longer.
You might notice that the lights flicker if they are low power LED types or some sort of anomoly while that 5-10W feed back delay occurs.

I hope I understood your question correctly.

2 |3000

wudycool avatar image
wudycool answered ·

wkirby understood right. that was my question.
bythe Way, i used it to power my house during the flooding last Month in germany...
i conected two 48/1200 which i had to my 48 house battery and the output to my house on leg 1 and 2 in adition i used two sun-2000gtil2 limited to maximum 1000w so i had a total off about 4 kw. this was fine and i was the only house 500m radius with lights and fridge. i even powered 5 fridges from my neighbors. So we all know for shure there was and is no problem at least not in the 2 weeks.

it worked as expected till 1000w the sun-2000gtil2 powered all alone and the inverter only provided the grid friquenzy and when more was needed the victron provided additional power.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic