question

mauromartini avatar image
mauromartini asked

Slow UPS on Multi ii 5

Hi guys.

Installed a new Multi ii 5 yesterday and UPS is not working as it should. Power goes down for a second before turning on.

UPS function is enabled.

RSA Grid selected.
LOM enabled

Firmware 481.

10kWh FreedomWon installed.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

ups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @mauromartini. That is definitely not normal, the inverter would take over immediately under normal circumstances. Check your battery, it might be in an “off” or error state and only engage when the D.C. bus voltage drops.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mauromartini avatar image
mauromartini answered ·

Thanks Murray. Battery is working as it should (as far as I can tell).

2 |3000

Nicholas Herbst avatar image
Nicholas Herbst answered ·

We're experiencing this on a few installations at the moment and have not been able to narrow down the cause or resolve.

2 |3000

Matthew Walsh avatar image
Matthew Walsh answered ·

I would recommend not selecting the south africa grid code and selecting other and adjust your low input disconnect to between 200 and 205. Sometime the grid doesn't fall away "quickly" enough and there is a brown out effect. Apply these changes and see if it makes a difference. I would also make sure to be on at least v2.92 for the gx and v501 for the mp2 at this point.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic