question

dgmar-ni avatar image
dgmar-ni asked

Using Transfer Switch with Multis in a Solar System

Hello,

For a solar system using two Multis on split phase, I need to confirm if a can use the filax 2 transfer switch. When batteries are charged, the Multis will supply power to the essential loads but when batteries are discharged then the Filax will switch to the grid, and switch back once it senses voltage from the Multis.

This configuration is having in mind the Multis as priority source as the loads are intended to be powered by the solar system, and the grid as the alternate source.

I need to know also which model to use for this application CE 230V/50Hz-240V/60Hz or CE 110V/50Hz-120V/60Hz.

Regards.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

why do you need a filax? do you have multiple power sources?

to disconnect the grid you don't need an external switch, you can do that in the Multi's.

Yes you'll need 120V versions.

Maybe someone can find some good information on split-phase systems? @Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dgmar-ni avatar image
dgmar-ni answered ·

Thank you @Boekel for your response.

I know the Multis have automatic transfer switch and work fine if I use the inverters as backup if the grid fails. But my case is different, as the grid is used as an alternate source and the Multis are used as priority in the solar system. The idea is that the house is powered mainly by the solar system and then the grid will be used as backup.

Any recommendation will be appreciated.

1 comment
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic