question

kevinjw avatar image
kevinjw asked

Blue charger ip65 12/5 does switch on

My relatively new Blue charger ip65 12/5 does switch on when power is applied.

Is there a soft fuse that can be reset ?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Kevinjw,

what do you mean with "does switch on"? What do you expect it to do when power is applied?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevinjw avatar image kevinjw commented ·

Should be does NOT switch on.

Unit should power up when plugged in.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ kevinjw commented ·

Exactly. Is it a Blue Smart? If so, does bluetooth work? You can check with VictronConnect app.

There is no such soft fuse except the one on the charging cables.

0 Likes 0 ·
papasleep avatar image papasleep Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Stefanie, I have the same problem as Didierp below in this string...can you suggest a fix, please.
0 Likes 0 ·
didierp avatar image
didierp answered ·

I am reactivating this topic as I do have the same issue.
I used my brand new Blue Smart charger IP65 15A to charge a 300Ah Lithium Batterie (Also brand new).
Setting: Li-ion, 15A

All worked fine for hours till SOC = 100%.
Today, I wanted to use it again (With the same Batterie) to check my system.
NOTHING is happening! No LED light on, no noise, no smell, no matter if connected or not to batterie.
And Yes, I do have 230VDC and yes I tested with different plugs just to be sure.

I hear a noise when I shake it.

Any thing I can test/try ?
Thx

2 |3000

papasleep avatar image
papasleep answered ·

I have the same problem as didierp...I charged a battle born battery for about 5 hours in the bulk cycle. I had to unplug the charger and disconnect the clips because I couldn't monitor it (my phone doesn't recognize the device). When I plugged the charger in the next morning -- no lights at all. Help!!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic