question

wapabeti avatar image
wapabeti asked

What ports do I need to open up in my firewall to allow my VictronConnect unit on IoT vlan to be seen in my main vlan

My GX device (Colour Controller) is connected to the IoT vlan, while my phone and iPad are on the main vlan. When trying connect using my phone or ipad through VictronConnect connect, the GX device is not picked up by the two devices and can only work through the VRM web interface. are there any ports that I can open up in the firewall that can allow my phone and ipad to communicate with my GX device through the local route even though there are on separate vlans. Searched through the blog and have not found any similar problem as mine.

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Wapabeti,

This should be answered here - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/faq.html#UUID-0908bae5-3b89-d303-6219-bfd151173ab4

Depending on your network policy - all traffic between vLans might be blocked, so you would need to open an exception, whitelist, or DMZ for the IP between your GX device and the device you wish to connect to it with VictronConnect.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wapabeti avatar image wapabeti commented ·

Noted and thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Hector Molina Ulloa avatar image Hector Molina Ulloa commented ·

Hi, Could you update this information?

0 Likes 0 ·