question

archman avatar image
archman asked

Fronius Victron connection

Hi,

I am in the process of designing an off-grid solar household system. I would rather start small with good modular components than go big and cheap. I am currently looking at a Fronius Primo 8.2 running of 30 x 360W Canadian Solar panels at 48V. This will then be connected to either a 5Kw Quattro or 5kw Multiplus (advise on this choice will also be appreciated) to charge 2 x 9,6Kwh Pylontech battery banks (19,2Kwh at 48V). I am looking for wiring diagrams for such a system and advise on any peripherals that will be needed. Can I connect the 8.2 Fronius to the 5kw Victron? Where will my PV power be delivered? If I generate 8.3kw through the Fronius and dump everything into the 5kw Victron will I loose the extra 3.3Kw? Could this be remedied by using the double AC in options on the Quattro? There seems to be limited information on this type of paring on the net and any advise or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

offgridFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sarbagya007 avatar image
sarbagya007 answered ·

Hi,

We are installing an off-grid system using the Fronius (2 nos of Symo 20.0) and Victron (3 nos of 10kVA Quattro) combination in rural Nepal. The setup for the Victron via the VE configure is complete (PV inverter assistant) and we have also setup the MG50 for the Fronius. On turning on the inverters, the Fronius inverters seem to start charging the batteries connected to the Victron. However, the PV inverters (Fronius) is not showing up on the CCGX. Here is our setup for communication : The 3 nos of Victrons are daisy looped and connected to the CCGX (VE-Bus) and for the Fronius (2 nos) daisy looped and then connected to the CCGX (VE-Bus) both via the CAT6 cable. Does this physical setup of the communication seem good ? Or do we need to have a network switch for both the CAT6 cable coming out of the Fronius and the other coming out of the CCGX to be connected to for them to be on the same network. FYI internet access is not available at this off-grid site.

Please advise.

1 comment
2 |3000

paulcupine avatar image paulcupine commented ·

You can't connect the Fronius to VE.Bus. The Fronius will communicate with the GX device over Ethernet. It also looks like you're violating the 1:1 rule: 2 x 20 > 3 x 10

0 Likes 0 ·