question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.63~2 available for testing

Good day!

Just now, I released a new beta version for field testing. Note that the plan has changed since the previous one, v2.63~1: we removed several changes, in order to make the cycle even shorter.

Changes in v2.63~2 (compared to v2.63~1)

• Removed all v2.63~1 introduced changes related to VRM Portal, VE.Direct communication and Remote firmware updates. What remained are only the four VE.Can changes
  • Fix VE.Direct communication to no longer cause a false "Error #48 DVCC incompatible firmware" alarm.
  • Fix ESS an issue in PV Inverter control that would happen by first enabling the ESS "Limit System feed-in" setting, then setting the maximum feed-in limit, and then later disabling the ESS "AC-coupled PV -feed in excess" setting.
  • Fix an issue in the CAN-bus BMS driver that causes the alarms to remain hidden in some cases. Note that the impact of this is only in the notifications / visualisation. The charge & discharge control & safety mechanisms do not use the alarms at all.

All the best and have a good weekend, Matthijs

Venus OS
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·

Am I correct, this 2.63 is released without announcement?

Harold

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ harold commented ·

Hey Harold, yes, I added it into the v2.62 blogpost as it was so short after v2.62 release.

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Aha Ok!

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
drdiesel avatar image
drdiesel answered ·

Hello,

FYI

I am still getting the "Error #48 DVCC incompatible firmware" error after upgrading to v2.63 final. All of my devices FW is up to current.

BR,

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @dr.diesel, thats not good and I see what you mean on VRM; I'll get someone from support to look into it and get back to you via email.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hey @dr.diesel could you install the latest v2.65 release candidate and see if that makes those alarms go away?

0 Likes 0 ·
drdiesel avatar image drdiesel mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy)

Yes Sir, loaded up 2.65-6 and the issue appears fixed, many thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ drdiesel commented ·

Great! Thank you for confirming

0 Likes 0 ·
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered ·

Is the "HAS DC" function working ok?

I get this inconsistence in battery current when I enable the "has DC" function:

Disabled: Battery current is correct

1613900755580.png

Enabled: Battery current gets messed up...

1613900940853.png

Has anobody else noticed this?

EDIT: One major reason is that I had manually selected the battery monitor to "Multiplus". If I select to automatic, when I turn on "Has DC" it switches from "Multiplus" to "no monitor found".

This is interesting... It is true that I don't have a BMV, but I was convinced that as long as one uses only Victron gear and there are no direct connections to DC bus it would not be needed. This is my case.

1. The system shows wrong charge current but correct disharge? I don't have pics, but was ok last night.

2. Even if I remove the 3W load, no changes.

3. Besides, the 3W load is connected to the Load Output of one of the MPPTs, so it is/ should be know by Venus...( the correct Load Current is presented in VenusOS/ VRM).

1613900755580.png (22.7 KiB)
1613900940853.png (26.5 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Elimac, without a BMV, your system cannot measure nor calculate any DC Power.

You don't have any DC loads, and also no alternators or anything like that, right?

In that case, leave "Has DC system" off. And leave the battery monitoring selection to auto; and all will work well then. For more information about the "Has DC system" see the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
Elimac avatar image Elimac mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I have very small (1~5W) DC loads, like sensors and a mini switch, but they are connected via the 100/20 mppt load output, not to the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Elimac commented ·

ah ok. I'm not sure how that works then, sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·
Elimac avatar image Elimac mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes... I was convinced the Venus would get the info via VE.direct from the mppt (the load current is indeed in VRM). For example, in a simple system without inverter and only one MPPT with load output, it strikes to me that this system should not need any BMV. I was counting on the load output being correctly monitored...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources