question

andy-31 avatar image
andy-31 asked

Bluesmart IP67 12v/17a charger

Bluesmart IP67 12v/17a charger set to normal (14.4 volts) but outputting 14.7 volts. have reset to default settings to no effect (other bluetooth functions working happily i.e all info pages and changes to 12.8volts as a power supply) Is there some sort of reboot system or do I have a more fundamental problem? Much appreciate the forum, thanks, Andy

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
ironman avatar image
ironman answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

szpieg avatar image
szpieg answered ·

This is quite normal behavior of the charger as the charger is voltage compensated - the voltage will be higher at low temperatures. The standard increase is 16.2 mV / 1 degree Celsius.

2 |3000

spanner avatar image
spanner answered ·

Have you tried to put on normal & recondition - which is 14.4 volts - see what happens?

2 |3000

andy-31 avatar image
andy-31 answered ·

Wow - thanks for quick reply. Yes tried that - still 14.7 volts!

2 |3000

spanner avatar image
spanner answered ·

Hmm - strange - how are you / what are you using to obtain the 14.7v display output from the Bluesmart - BMV?

2 |3000

andy-31 avatar image
andy-31 answered ·

Hi Spanner, output shown on phone (IOS) and confirmed on smartshunt (again via phone display). I also have a 5amp charger that works perfectly with same phone.

1 comment
2 |3000

spanner avatar image spanner commented ·

Strange one matey - I've been looking back on the charge voltages from my mppt and Dc-Dc - and there are voltage spikes up to 14.6v but settles back down after a few mins, defo not 14.7v - So next suggestion is go into settings, and user defined, switch on expert mode, and manually enter the Absorption, Float and Storage voltage to see if this fixes it?

0 Likes 0 ·
andy-31 avatar image
andy-31 answered ·

Will give that a go, thanks. Charger on boat so will report back after next visit

2 |3000

andy-31 avatar image
andy-31 answered ·

Thanks to everyone - Seems charger is smart and the operator is not! Had not realised how much difference temperature makes! Really pleased to have found this forum - thanks again.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic