question

stevemarston avatar image

Cerbo GX wifi issues

Hi all,

so the cerbo GX and Wi-Fi connectivity including connection to a mobile hotspot.

i have been reading for a while about some Wi-Fi issues, so thought i would pop in my experience.

most cerbos i have fitted, do not want to connect to Wi-Fi or a hotspot. however I have found, that if I roll back the firmware to V2.56 I do not experience any connectivity issues.

this seems to be working for me and the last 5 cerbos fitted connect without any issue.

cerbo gx
2 comments
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I had also same problems with it. Always while connecting to a wifi surfstick. My own systems runs perfect this way, Some other of my customer don't like it. Changing from surfstik to a router and connecting via LAN solved the problem sadly in an expensive way.

Having the same issues. Upgraded to 2.63 and now I can not see my system on the vrm.

Are there plans to fix this?

Are there any plans to increase the cerbo BT interface?

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Steve and others here: there is an issue with the Cerbo wifi when having a GX Touch installed.

Details & solution here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/82877/cerbo-gx-wi-fi-issue-when-having-the-gx-touch-conn.html

My apologies for the issues to all of you.

I checked our logs and changes since Steve noticed that rolling back to v2.57 makes it better; I can’t see a reason for that.

1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ps I’ll accept my own answer so its quickly found by anyone happening to find this page

Sean avatar image
Sean answered ·

I am having similar issues. Can not connect to phone hotspot and doesn't find other wifi networks in close vicinity.

Any progress to fixing this issue?