question

eirik avatar image
eirik asked

Android VRM app. Where?

Hi, I have been using the IOS app to access and control my Venus remotely. I just made the switch to an Android based phone, but to my surprise I can not find the VRM app in the Google Play store.

Could anyone point to where I could obtain it?

Thanks,

Eirik

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

It is gone from playstore indeed! @mvader (Victron Energy Staff) ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I’ll check and let you know the result

0 Likes 0 ·
sean avatar image
sean answered ·

I asked a question on PlayStore last year, wondering why the app kept dying instantly - I took this screenshot a couple of days ago - check the date.

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, indeed its gone; we’re working to get it back asap; thanks for reporting!

In the meantime; I recommend to install the vrm website as an icon; its getting closer and closer to mimicking all the (useful) functionalirt that the app has.

2 |3000

hardiron avatar image
hardiron answered ·

I hate to necro a thread, but I am having this exact issue. It does not matter if I download from the store or manually install the APK, the program instantly crashing upon attempted launch. Is there a fix for this? Victron Connect works so well, but I want to be able to have control over content that is not on bluetooth such as the multiplus.

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Hardiron what phone and OS version are you using?

And to make sure there is no miscommunication: you're issue is that the VRM App (not VictronConnect) is crashing on startup, right?

(This thread was about something else: the VRM app had disappeared from the stores. Not crashing)

thanks! Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
hardiron avatar image hardiron mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Matthijs,

I am using an LG V35 ThinQ running Android version 9. Yes, it is the VRM app that is crashing, not the victron connect app.

Regards,

0 Likes 0 ·