question

Jon S avatar image
Jon S asked

How do I clear a High Voltage alarm on a GCCX from a Lynx Shunt?

I have tried clearing the alarm by going to the GCCX clicking Menu. Selecting notifications. Arrowing down to the alarm. Pressing the space button and pressing the center button on the CCGX.

I have also restarted the GCCX.

According to the VRM logs voltage only went to 14.22, so not sure why that alarmed. Regardless I cannot seem to clear it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

voltagealarm
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jon S avatar image Jon S commented ·

@Daniël Boekel can you help with this?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jon S

What are the settings? did you set the clear voltage high enough to actually clear the alarm?

Maybe you can share a screenshot of the settings?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Thank you for the tip. This was indeed the problem. I had looked for the alarm threshold settings but some how missed them. I am not sure why this setting changed but the High Voltage setting range was 0-14.4 so clearly always in a high state. Made the change now the alarm is gone. The change might have coincided with a firmware update, but I cannot confirm that, its been too long.

Fixed now. Thanks again for the help!

0 Likes 0 ·
tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

Has the battery voltage actually come down? If it's still at 14,22, and that is too high according to your settings, the alarm is still active. It will probably disappear once voltage has dropped.

If eg. my MultiPlus has lost grid connection the alarm will stay active till the grid comes back.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @tozz

I live aboard so voltage has been as low as 13.1v and charged back up rinse and repeat for 5 months. I posted in Feb but the original alarm was in October. If the shunt saw 14.22 it was only for a split second. There is no way it is still at that voltage. I have tried everything I can think of short of disconnecting all the batteries from the shunt. That would be a pain in the a$$ so I have been patiently waiting for a Victron rep to provide guidance.

Jon

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic