question

tom-galletti avatar image
tom-galletti asked

VRM setup on SmartSolar

Hi,

I'm having problems setting up Remote management on a SmartSolar 75 10.

I can happily see the KPIs from the device locally, by either the USB cable or Bluetooth, but I can't add it through the VRM Portal. I've tried various combinations of the MAC address, and similar hex numbers printed on the label in search of my VRM Portal ID without success.

Any advice appreciated.

MPPT ControllersVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

You add a GX device to the VRM portal, not a solar charger.

You can see the minimum requirements and how to get started here - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:getting_started

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tom-galletti avatar image tom-galletti commented ·

By this do you mean the Solar Charger isn't compatible with remote management on it's own? I need to purchase an additional bit of hardware to connect it to RMS?

Pretty poor from Victron if so, considering their website says:

"If your installation is connected to the internet Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM) provides access to the full power of your MPPT, anytime, anywhere; both services are free to use. For remote installations - even when there is no internet connection nearby - you may be able to monitor your MPPT by connecting the GlobalLink 520. "

They don't mention that your installation only counts as connected to the internet if you buy more of their kit!

0 Likes 0 ·