question

slambop avatar image
slambop asked

MPPT 75 15 issue

Hello,

I am having a problem with my MPPT 75 15. I recently had a problem with my old solar panels and had to replace them (they were not secured properly on to vehicle by installer and ripped off, a long story!)

When I plug my battery wires my charge controller, the blue flashing light immediately comes on. No green light.

When I plug in my PV cables, i get zero voltage and the blue light still blinks. My PV cables, before plugging into the controller, get 23V from my panels. It's not until I attach them that I get zero volts.

I checked the fuse and it is fine, but the PIN bridge is missing. Is that an issue?

Is my charge controller fried? Or is there an obvious solution?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jesse avatar image
Jesse answered ·

The jumper link question has been answered elsewhere - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/17904/bluesolar-mppt-7515-jumper-question.html

For the PV terminals on the MPPT to read zero volts either the wires are not connected properly, or it is a dead short circuit. The latter seems unlikely?!

Perhaps some photo's to better explain your issue? I find your explanation difficult to follow sorry.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.