question

xdorland avatar image
xdorland asked

Voltage of a lithium battery : 12,3V...even if a Smartshunt saying or is 77% full (wich is suite logical)

The voltage of my lithium battery is decreasing (for exemple...12,3V now), even if (almost) nothing use it (just a few lights)...but the shunt says it is 77% full (and 77% is in OK considering m'y production and consommation of today).

This " low voltage" (for a lithium battery) occuree several time last days. The battery was bought in last october...I had 5-6 complet shuntdowns because we used it too much (no shunt at this time^^)...even if a few of these shuntdowns were quite strange.

...normally, a lithium battery stay around 13V almost until it is very low...how Can I explain it?

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there are you able to see individual cell voltages in the battery on your phone via the BMS in the battery I would maybe give the battery a full charge from a mains charger or good quality mppt from victron to top balance the cells then see how it goes from there hope this helps. David

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources