powerlust asked

Venus and Multiplus 24v - Copying Settings Across

Hi

I have the following setup:

Multiplus 24V

MK2 for PC configuration

Venus GX

Pylontech UP2500 x 2

The system works well and I now want to replicate the system in production.

I want to avoid having to manually enter settings for the Venus and Multiplus for efficiency and accuracy. Is there a way to backup settings from one set of equipment and restore it to another? Both for the Venus and Multiplus?

Thanks in advance

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMV Battery MonitorVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @PowerLust - nice name :)

The good news - it is quite straight forward to backup and restore settings from the MultiPlus.

The bad news - there is not yet a supported way to backup and restore settings on a GX device - it is a known feature request though.

For the MultiPlus, given you have the MK2 (and not the MK3) you need to use VE.Configure - MK3 users are recommended to use VictronConnect - it's simpler.

The relevant section of the VE.Configure manual that describes the steps is available here

6. Save, Load and Export Settings

If you have any issues with that, please let me know. I have a training video available that also demonstrates this in the Victron Professional Online Training program.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

powerlust avatar image powerlust commented ·

Thank you kindly Guy.

Ive read that one can clear the settings on the Venus by deleting the following files (after rooting the device)

/data/conf/settings.xml
/data/var/lib/conman ( Local Wifi and networking details)

would copying these files from one Venus to another duplicate settings?

Thanks again

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ powerlust commented ·

Perhaps, but that is considered to be an 'unsupported modification'. So please copy that info into a new question in the modifications space where it is likely another user has experience to help.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendanmitchell avatar image brendanmitchell commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager),
Thanks for this info; I have the MK3 and VictronConnect (on Windows 10), but there doesn't seem to be a way to save settings files from VictronConnect. If necessary I can install VE.Configure and use that, but since you recommended VictronConnect I thought I'd check and see if I was missing something.
When I open the Multiplus in VictronConnect this is what I see:
1696005579608.png

Is there a way to do this that I've missed?

0 Likes 0 ·
1696005579608.png (78.3 KiB)
powerlust avatar image
powerlust answered ·

Thank you kindly Guy.

Ive read that one can clear the settings on the Venus by deleting the following files (after rooting the device)

/data/conf/settings.xml
/data/var/lib/conman ( Local Wifi and networking details)

would copying these files from one Venus to another duplicate settings?

Thanks again

2 |3000