question

mike-alanko avatar image
mike-alanko asked

MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80 - firmware update from 2008202 to 2008209

I've purchased a used Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80 and found the firmware is currently 2008202.

This is my first Victron product, so I apologize for my ignorance...

I see that version 2008209 is available -

Is this the correct version to install now?

(are intermediate versions prerequisite?)

Are there compelling reasons to choose to update, or not update?

Thank you for your help!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That is the correct firmware for your unit, the first four digits (xxyy) must be the same xxyyzzz.
The zzz value is the incremental firmware number.

You do not need to perform incremental upgrades, you can flash to 209 from 202.

If everything is stable and working as you like without any problems then there is no real need to change anything.
However, if you have any support issues then you might be asked to upgrade to the latest firmware to rule out any issues that older firmware might have had.

You'll need to download the firmware file from here: https://professional.victronenergy.com
In the folder for VE.Bus firmware there is a changelog document. You might like to read that document to see if any firmware upgrades would be beneficial to you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike-alanko avatar image
mike-alanko answered ·

Thank you! Much appreciated. Found the changelog as described, very useful information.

2 |3000