question

nervousfrog avatar image
nervousfrog asked

Multiplus II 48/3000/35-12 with AC current sensor - No PV reading.

Good Morning All,

I hope someone can help with this question.

I have a Multiplus II 48/3000/35-12 with a 1.85kw AC coupled PV system connected via the AC-in.

Import/Export is measured via an ET112 in my main consumer unit.

ess-screenshot.png

I am trying to monitor the output of my PV inverter using an AC current sensor(CSE000100000) which is connected to and configured on the TEMP-sense input.

pv-sensor-config.png

Everything is working fine except the output of the PV inverter always reads as 0 unless I disconnect the wire to the sensor in which case the Multiplus reports the Inverter is consuming 2000 watts.

Any tips to try and fix this would be greatly appreciated.

sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Noisy Boysie avatar image
Noisy Boysie answered ·

my shows about 76w during night time for the first 24h once it calibrates it drops to xero during night.

what size if your PV array on AC 1? the dips need to be in the right position for your setup and the right settings on the assistant

mine in the uk is a 4kwh system so i use the 240v 5kwh setting so dip 1 and 2 on which is in your pic down, see the arrow shows on towards the numbers.

Boysie

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Noisy Boysie avatar image Noisy Boysie commented ·

sorry just seen the info i asked for at the top, assuming you are 230Vac then you should have dip 1 on and the reset off. if you are 110Vac then 1&2 on and 3&4 off, the diagram is a pain as it depends how your brain works to see the switch as white or black. for ref its the white part as the switch.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_current_sensor:start

Boysie

0 Likes 0 ·
nervousfrog avatar image nervousfrog commented ·

Hi, thx for the response.

My system is 1.85kw so I have moved DIP switch 1 to ON for 1.6-3kw.

The installer set it up in the software so I'm sure it be right in the s/w.

I only connected it up to the PV today so I will see what it does tomorrow.

Thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·
nervousfrog avatar image nervousfrog commented ·

Checked the assistant via VE configure and the system was set to 1.5kw, not 1.6 - 3kw.

Will give it 24h to calibrate and fingers crossed it will all be good.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Likes 0 ·
nervousfrog avatar image
nervousfrog answered ·

Ok, so kind of got it working.

Set all the DIP switches to off and it started reading.

1611498693688.png

Then set dip 1 ON when the sun came out and it kept on reporting but about 400W low.

Seem to remember my installer saying this was normal for 24h or so.

Can anyone confirm?

1611498693688.png (812.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic