question

kafolske avatar image
kafolske asked

HELP! Multiplus Still Charging Lithium Below 5C

I have a Multiplus 3000 which is set up for LiFePo4 batteries and has a temperature sensor connected. My LiFePo4 batteries have a BMS, but it does not have low temperature cut-off.

This morning, my battery temperature was nearly 0C and the Multiplus was charging.

Did I miss a setting somewhere or was the information I was given incorrect and there is no low-temperature cut-off protection in the Multiplus for LiFePo4 batteries?

I was lead to believe that in LiFePo4 mode, the Multiplus would not charge if the temperature is below 5C.

can-the-multiplus-provide-the-shutoff-temperature.png

victronconnect-and-new-external-device-detected.png

Example of my batteries charging at below 5C.

img-9028.png

My VE Configure Settings:multiplus.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

AFIK, MultiPlus-II is not reacting to temperature sensor when LFP battery is selected.

You can only see the temperature on VRM.

I asked that question before.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/68111/can-multiplus-ii-be-set-up-to-stop-charging-lifepo.html

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kafolske avatar image kafolske commented ·

This is not a Multiplus-II. This is the Multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp kafolske commented ·

I do not think this makes much difference.

MP is older then MP-II so whatever is missing in MP-II is for sure missing in MP.

They run on the same firmware.

But what I know.

I am only Victron user.

Wait for the Victron designer to chip in.

Only meantime install some heating for your LFP battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dosheimer avatar image
Dosheimer answered ·

Maybe you need this charge disconnect remote cable (none inverting something...) between BMS and Multiplus. My assumption (and hope) is that the BMS will do the charge disconnect signal to the Multi at low temperatures <5°C. But I am just a user so hopefully a Victron professional will say something about that....

2 |3000