question

audreez avatar image
audreez asked

step up from 120v to 240v split phase to feed in to the grid

i live in US, i have a DC coupled PV system (victron mppt) with 1 quattro setup as ESS thats feeding critical loads, my pv array charges battery in ~2hrs and then all the solar power is wasted, electric company allows feed in (need new meter) but they want balanced split phase 240 and not just feed in on one leg, what do i need to feed in a 240v split phase back to the main panel with 1x 120v quattro?

from my research seems like autotransformer can take 120 and make 240 but manual shows only scenarios downstream from inverter not upstream, will it work upstream as well or do i need something else?

thanks

Autotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

It should work upstream as well, talk to the local victron installer, I know it will work with a Isolation transformer thats configured correctly, but a Auto transformer I have NOT connected one myself,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.