question

aziz avatar image
aziz asked

AIRCON AND INVERTER VICTRON 48V5000W

hI all,

we have a 2x airondionner ( see attached file) in one site and we need to install a new inverter vicrton VICTRON PHOENIX 5000VA / 48V-230V in place of the inveter (see attached) already working,

the customer said that victron inverter dont work ,

can you please confimr if victron will support the 2 x aircon

anso give us some recommandation about the configuration in victron,

RDI_3000VA-48VDC_kat_list_en_V052009.pdf

CARACTERISTIQUES TECHNIQUE CLIM SX18 AIRWELL.pdf

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

It might help if you state what aircon you use, there are 5 types in the pdf file (and the information is in French...English datasheet might work better here)

You'r talking about your customer, if you're the installer you should be able to do some more research and testing, and should have learned all this in training + have this as basic knowledge.

(find out peak and continuous load of AC, measure current setup, what batteries, etc, etc.)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aziz avatar image aziz commented ·

Dear

please find attached the datahseet of the aircon SX18.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORTAIRCON SX18.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
aircon-sx18.pdf (196.9 KiB)
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ aziz commented ·

So did you try to find out yourself also? or are you just asking us to dive into your stuff?

Are you an installer?

I'll give one more advice: find out if there is a softstart on this unit. Airconditioning has -very- high startup power needs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

On general look I am surprised that a 3000 VA inverter could have run two 2000 Watt Aircons , assuming it is the 18000 BTU model .

A VICTRON PHOENIX 5000VA / 48V-230V is rated at 4000 Watt for 25 DEG C and more realistically 3700 watt at 40 DEG C. So I would advise putting only One AIRCON assuming there are other smaller loads on inverter

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic