question

the-archer avatar image
the-archer asked

I am new to the Victron product line and I'm finding it difficult to piece together a good kit for 24vdc van installation with the

Currently I have two 24vdc Battleborn batteries and at 240 watts (two 50 watt in parallel and one 100 watt panel in series with the two parallel panels).

I am considering the following:

1 each. Victron BlueSolar MPPT 75/10 for Solar to engine run battery maintenance.

1 each. Victron BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 for 24vdc system battery.

1 each. Victron Orion-Tr 12/24-5A DC-DC Converter for 12vdc to 24vdc ignition on charging for system battery while vehicle is running.

1 each C24/1600 inverter.

Question; would the the BMV-712 Battery Monitor work on a 24vdc system... recommendations?

wiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

It is not recommended to connect different panels together to one MPPT.

The BMV has a voltage range of 6,5V-70.
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-BMV-712-Smart-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

the-archer avatar image
the-archer answered ·

Wow, I just read my post and I need to stop using my phone for posting on message boards. So... The specs on the two panels in parallel show the same voltage and current as the single panel, I measured this to confirm and both panel arrays are with in .1 volts of each separate system, I did not measure short circuit current, but specs show no danger of pushing too much current through either array and diode protection are identical, so the MPPT should not see anything different than two panels in series with reduced shading losses. With that being said, why is it "not recommended"?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic