question

pbilka avatar image
pbilka asked

Turn on load based on battery level

Hello, everyone,

Is there a simple way to turn on a relay based on battery level? I have a load, which I would like to turn on when battery reaches 90% and turn off when battery reaches 50%.

Many thanks,

Peter

MPPT ControllersGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lehrling avatar image
lehrling answered ·

I am quite sure this could be achieved using the relay function on the BMV-172 - suggest looking at BMV manual to see if this would work for you....if you have a BMV!

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pbilka avatar image pbilka commented ·

Thank you for responding... Sorry I forgot to mention my setup. I have a Cerbo GX connected to MultiPlus, no BMV... It may be possible to do with the Cerbo, I'm just not familiar enough with it. The best way I thought of so far was to write a program to fetch the Remote Control screen and then screen-scrape the values for the battery, but it's all Javascript, which makes it more difficult to get to. There has to be a simpler way.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @pbilka

Take a look at the Assistants in your Multi: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

There's a learning curve to use them properly, so not for the faint-hearted, but easier than coding. There's even webinars etc to help if you need.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thank you, I will check it out.

0 Likes 0 ·