question

Jesus Mazo avatar image
Jesus Mazo asked

Venus GX lose communication with Inverters (repetitive issue on different system for the last 4 months)

Hi.

This problem has been happening to us relatively often in our sites for the last 3-4 months. At least 5 or 6 times, each time of different systems. Suddenly the Venus GX lose communication with the inverters despite the inverters are running and powering the load, there is no data on the remote console on the inverter side

c09faf6e-a1c8-4ed8-8f9c-ea4b90a78a3f.jpg

How to solve the issue is quite simple, we reboot the Venus GX and straight away there is data on the console. So, seems like the problem is on the Venus device and not on the Inverters

23d382c4-7cb3-4c20-b3af-a82212dfba17.jpg

Obviously, this is not something we can do manually every time that there is a problem and if there is no signal on site, there is no way we can solve the issue so I hope this issue is addressed on upcoming firmware updates.

All these GX devices are running v2.60 and the inverters on which this have happened were running different firmwares 475 and 430.

Is there any kind of watchdog feature that could reboot the Venus if it is not seeing data from the inverter? if there is not, I think that would be an interesting feature to add on. I am seeing this feature on the GX manual but I dont think this is what I am looking for:
1610525333075.png

Could this be a hardware issue? If we upgrade to the new Cerbo GX that has a more powerful CPU and more RAM, would it be less likely to get this crash? or might it be a pure software issue?

Venus OSVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

What is VE.Bus?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic