question

briggers avatar image
briggers asked

Unpairing Lost phone from MPPT 100/50

I installed my MPPT 100/50 and paired it with my android mobile, The mobile got smashed beyond repair and I need to pair my new iPhone to the MPPT.

How do I unpair the old phone without having it present?

Thanks

blue power panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Briggers Hello,
You dont need to unpair the old device. The MPPT doesnt store to which device it has been connected. The phone or tablet stores a bluetooth connection and the pincode. When you know the pincode or when it is the default pincode you can connect a new smart device using the Victron Connect app.
Keep in mind that multiple devices like phones or tablets can be paired with your MPPT or other Victron Smart device but only one can have an active connection with the device in Victron Connect. When an other device close to your device opens the app that will show the device greyed out to show that it is close but not availble to connect.
Martijn Coster -- Victron Energy

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skysurfer avatar image skysurfer commented ·

After the last (forced) update, the controller (75/10) refused to re-connect. I had to connect with an old iPhone. That phone is now dead. I'm trying to re-connect with my main phone (RealMe6 - Android 10), but it's saying it's already connected (to the iPhone). Cannot revive the old phone to 'forget' the controller (yes, I have read your post, Martijn). Refuses to re-connect to my main phone, even after an hour of being disconnected. Not impressed with the controller not having a hard reset button.
EDIT: After almost a week of not being able to monitor my energy, I have eventually re-connected. Your post was helpful, but needs to be included in the manual. Your coders needs to be more careful with the updates, & why so many? If my app works, I do NOT want an update. I had many, many resets, enter PUK code, leave disconnected of phone & controller to get here (got stuck in a loop to enter PIN code)... I'll be looking at alternatives to your system. It's top price, with unreliable software.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic