question

chrisnimrod avatar image
chrisnimrod asked

Blue Power Panel - No Connection to MultiPlus

I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120 with software version 2609430VFD and this is connected to a Blue Power Panel with software version 0x0107. All was working OK until I added Lithium Assistant to the Multi using VE Configure and Mk3 USB connector. Now the BPP just reports Phoenix Multi - No Connection? I am using the same RJ45 cable as used with VE Configure so that is not the problem and the Multi will communicate OK via VE Configure but it will not connect on the BPP.

I have tried removing the assistant and resetting the Multi to defaults but it will still not connect to the BPP.

Do I need to reset the BPP to reset the communication or is there something else I have missed?

What do I need to do to sort out the connection problem?

Thanks, Chris

blue power panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Some of the higher MultiPlus firmware version are no longer compatible with the BPP panel. I would recommend you contact your Victron dealer or distributor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrisnimrod avatar image
chrisnimrod answered ·

Thanks for the answer, however I do not think it is a problem with the multi firmware version. The BPP communicated with the Multi OK previously - it was only when I added the Lithium Assistant to the Multi that the communication problem started. So the Multi and BPP are still using the same firmware versions as before - the only difference is the Lithium Assistant added to the multi.

Any ideas how to resolve the problem - maybe reset the BPP to factory default and then connect to the multi again? How do I reset the BPP to factory default?

2 |3000

Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Chris, Please contact your Victron dealer or distributor. They can help you with this.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic