question

evm avatar image
evm asked

Blue Power Panel stops talking to Multiplus

I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120 (2702433 updated from 2702430) that was communicating with a Blue Power Panel (0x0107) fine. They worked together even after the update to 2702433.

Then I disconnected the BPP and hooked up a VeConfigure 3 to that same cable which worked fine.

Now when reconnecting to the BPP the BPP does not see the Multiplus. At first it indicated that there was no communications. Now it says that no devices are listed, and - "Overview is not configured correctly. Please check configuration".

System > select VVC > indicates not set. and an edit does not allow for any changes.

What happened? I understand that the BPP may not work with newer versions of the firmware but - 1) the BPP was communication with the Multiplus. 2) the failure to communicate started after the connection with VeConfigure.

Is there a way to do a hardware reset to initial state for the BPP? I did find the diagnostic screen.

The BPP and Multiplus are only about 2 months old. Which is to say that I bought them within the last few months.

Please advise.

blue power panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
evm avatar image
evm answered ·

Victron VE.Net Blue Power Control GX was the actual BPP description

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dwmarine avatar image
dwmarine answered ·

Have you tried powering down the Blue Power panel via the small 1 amp fuse for a short time?

Does it recognise the VBC (VE net) if fitted?

Is the VE Bus cable from the Multiplus in the VE Bus receptacle on the BPP, not the VE Net sock

2 |3000

evm avatar image
evm answered ·

I powered downthe BPP fully down by disconnecting the power. No change.

I do not have any VE Net devices only the VE Bus device. I've tried both of the VE Bus connectors (on the side under J8)

It was working in the same connector prior to failing.

(Know of how to hard reset to factory defaults?)

2 |3000

dwmarine avatar image
dwmarine answered ·

No, but I will find out for you today. there is one BPP sitting at our local dealers.

We fitted many of these, they were a bit of a bugger to get going. Sometimes had to swap over the coms cable to VE bus plug to the other socket on the Mulitplus, not sure why??

Sometimes it was just toggling the power cycle switches on the BPP and Multiplus.

Only ever had one VE Net controller fail, last week (EE Prom Failure?), the rest have been rock solid for years. (All on commercial fishing boats or Motorhomes)

The later Quattro, Multiplus and Multigrid with the large processors do not work with the BPP, as you are aware.

Darren

2 |3000

dwmarine avatar image
dwmarine answered ·

Just saw a related question on this forum.

There is a firmware update for the later model BPP to enable it to work with the later model Multiplus firmware.

Have a look at the related questions in this forum, hope this may help.

Darren

1 comment
2 |3000

leeankuo avatar image leeankuo commented ·

Darren,

mid possible for you to provide more detail on where, how and what update files are available for BPP? My BPP was working with Quattro until I did a firmware update for Quattro and now, BPP see Quattro but stays in the initializing mode and it does NOT talk to Quattro anymore.

I suspect it may has to do with BPP firmware update but I can’t locate where to find it.

I didn’t see it on Professional.Victronenergy.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
evm avatar image
evm answered ·

Thanks for looking into a hardware reset for me.

I do have the remote panel in the other port in the multi plus. I will try swapping connectors next time I'm down to the boat. As a Blue Power Control GX I should call it a BPP2.

2 |3000

evm avatar image
evm answered ·

Well, I did get to the boat and verified that the BPP2 has VVC firmware version 0x0402. It should be working.

I did swap the rj45 cable from one port tot eh other in both the BPP@ and in the Multiplus. That did not really make a change.

Somewhere along the line the BPP did see that there was a Multiplus but insists that it can not communicate with it. That allowed me to find the factory defaults setting in the menu. Factory defaults made no change - still indicated that it is not communicating.

At this point I wonder how to return the unit for replacement or repair or to contact Victron field service directly.

1 comment
2 |3000

andrer avatar image andrer commented ·

Hi evm, did you ever solve the problem? I have the same problem with my blue power control on a Multiplus. It used to work just fine. But suddendly stopped working. I've made a firmwareupdate on the MultiPlus, but no change. Changed the cable, the port. Disconnected everything for a few days, hooked it back up. Nothing... I also wonder, if sending it back will be the best solution.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic