question

dant avatar image
dant asked

Forgot password to "Enable Settings" on MultiPlus

I'm trying to alter the Input Amps setting on my MultiPlus. I've done this before but cannot remember the password to get past the "Enable settings" screen. I've tried the documented default, "zzz", as well as "000000". Neither work. How can I reset this password to its default or a password of my choosing?

1610395404183.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1610395404183.png (566.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

There is no way to change that password I am aware of.
make sure you are not SHIFT LOCKED or have a wrong keyboard layout chosen (y/z flip). Try to type the “zzz” somewhere else to make sure.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dant avatar image dant commented ·

Thanks for the reply, Markus. I typed "zzz" in a word processor and in a command screen. Both looked just fine. SHIFT LOCK is definitely 'off'.

0 Likes 0 ·
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

It is not possible to modify the password so no need to reset it.

It might sound obvious but please try this:

1. Restart your PC
  2. Open VictronConnect and connect to the Multi
  3. Enter the password and make sure to do not press enter but click the "OK" button.

If still not working, please let us know the VictronConnect and Windows version and the keyboard layout you have configured on Windows.

2 |3000

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·
I'm trying to alter the Input Amps setting on my MultiPlus

As a workaround, just use VEConfigure 3 instead.

2 |3000

dant avatar image
dant answered ·

I used an old version of VE Config that I had on an old laptop and that worked! It gave me access to the MultiPlus so I could change the input amps setting. All is well!

2 |3000