question

johan avatar image
johan asked

VE.Bus SOC decreases

Daisyburn - VRM Portal.pdfVE Bus SOC keeps decreasing each day, while the battery voltage and current is normal. Any clues how to reset the SOC? It seems that the SOC calculation is messed up.

Please see charts below, also attached device list.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerSOC
capture.png (86.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Johan. Yeh, it's only adding to SOC when you have the 'genny' on. Your current firmware should be ok, and should just need configuring to add in mppt(s). It's documented in the CCGX manual: https://www.top.systems/media/productfiles/manual/060617_M_Color_Control_GX.pdf See section 2.4

Something in the back of my mind suggests there's something else been said re this, but I don't remember. The mention of 'battery monitor' there is a little confusing, but give it a try.

Please report back how you go.. good luck.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

You'll need to post more information to get a good answer:

-what components are in the system? what kind of batteries?

-do you have a battery monitor (BMV) in the system?

either some sources aren't counted, or (first thing to check if you use lithium) you're charge efficiency and / or peukert factor isn't set right.

you can also 'fix' this by changing the sync settings, but better to try to get it right by changing these settings and then getting the 'charged' settings right.

2 |3000

johan avatar image
johan answered ·

The system has reset itself yesterday. The SOC hits 20% and the next day the solar charger charged until 100%.

2 |3000

eric-heiberg avatar image
eric-heiberg answered ·

@johan

I have had/have a similar problem:

my SOC kept showing less and less even though the battery showed 28,2 volts (24 volt lithium Ion battery -Easysolar 3kVA).
I set the charging values on the multiplus lower than the MPPT (since I dont have a bluetooth dongle yet I cant adjust the MPPT charging parameters) after reading about this here on the forum.

The SOC then bounced up to 100% -but the maximum SOC % is slowly going down again by a rate of 0,5% per day: so now this SOC is showing 97% as todays highest although the battery voltage is the same (28,2 volt).

Any tips on how to solve this?

Eric

1 comment
2 |3000