question

maec avatar image
maec asked

Use Renogy smart battery for this build?

AFC2764D-8F90-468C-B8C1-55451E857170.jpeg

Can I replace the Victron Energy Battery with Renogy smart battery. I can’t get a victron battery, but I can get the rest of the item.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@maec

You can use any battery you like so long as the bank is sized correctly for the inverter you have chosen.

The battery bank you choose at minimum needs to be able to fill the amp draw needs of the inverter chosen, of course with the understanding that if it is not from the compatible list support officially is not there except maybe on the forums.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

There are some guidline charts that are handy for helping calculate number of modules needed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@MAEC,

yes you can. But if the diagram you posted is the basis for your installation, you will need to get a different BMS and make sure the BMS can switch on/off chargers, loads etc.

2 comments
2 |3000

maec avatar image maec commented ·

Victron Energy only have one Model available, which BMS you recommend?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ maec commented ·

@MAEC,

that depends on what batteries you will buy, capacity wise and on loads/charge as well as on other components.

The BMS is your diagram is the VE.Bus BMS and is working only with Victron SmartLithium. Maybe the Victron SmartBMS? You can get in contact with a Victron dealer or your installer and seek advice.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources