question

magwa avatar image
magwa asked

why doesn't venus have a wifi signal

My system has been working fine. Returned to out alpine hut to find controller on float, batteries very low. Last report on the portal was error 67, no bms. Venus is getting current, but there is no wifi signal. Anybody know what to do outside of replacing it. We are basically snowed in, using a honda generator.

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Because it's an uninhabited planet. :)

Maybe the WiFi is disabled from the push button?

How is the status green LED (blinking slow or blinking fast)?

Can't you use an Ethernet (UTP/LAN) cable?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

magwa avatar image magwa commented ·

Thanks, What push button. I haven't seen any push button on the venus. There is no blinking LED. It would take two days to get down and back with a a cable and laptop. Only have my iphone and ipad up here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ magwa commented ·

Have you tried to turn it off and on again? I think this is the only thing you can do without any other equipment.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 magwa commented ·

There is a hole next to the big green connector on top. Inside is a small push button.

A short press will enable/disable WiFi.

A long press (press and hold for 4 seconds) will reset the Networking settings to factory defaults.

The LED is on the other side of that big green connector on top.

But if the LED is off, maybe your Venus GX does not get any power.

Can you check the battery voltage with a multimeter?

0 Likes 0 ·
magwa avatar image
magwa answered ·

It is a Venus GX

2 |3000

magwa avatar image
magwa answered ·

Thanks, I can't find any push button. There is no LED either. CCGX has those features.

2 |3000

magwa avatar image
magwa answered ·

I only have an iphone and an ipad here.

2 |3000