question

jeffw avatar image
jeffw asked

Blue Smart ip65 12/15 mode button stopped working

Pressing the mode button to switch between charging protocols (e.g., normal, Lithium, etc) no longer works. I am able to switch between charging protocols using the VictronConnect app. I just checked and my firmware is up-to-date. I have tried power cycling, trying the mode button with the batteries connected or disconnected, holding down the button. The mode button simply no longer does anything. I have searched this user community but nothing similar came up. Had anyone encountered/seen this issue and if so, is there an easy fix, or might this functionality of my charger be truly broken?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @JeffW, welcome to the Community!

This is not a known issue, and in my considerable experience with these, I believe this is the first time this error has ever been reported; likely it is just a mechanical failure of the switch itself.

Please reach out to the authorized Victron distributor from whom you purchased the device to start the warranty exchange process; if you're not able to recall/find who you initially purchased it from, then please fill out this form and Victron will look up the original supplier of the unit, based on the serial number, and will put the seller in touch with you!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeffw avatar image jeffw commented ·

Thanks for the quick response Justin. Much appreciated. I'll contact the seller I purchased it from and get the ball rolling. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·
jeffw avatar image
jeffw answered ·

Thank you Justin. I have contacted my distributor and am setting up a warranty claim. Happy New Year!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic