question

cedarhaven avatar image
cedarhaven asked

Powerassist on Victron Quattro 48V 5KVA inverter below 13A AC input?

Is it possible to have Victron powerassist kick in below 13 amps load? I have an AC line in source that can only supply a maximum of about 4 amps. I want the quattro to use the AC input line up to about 4 amps and then anything above that should be supplemented from the attached LiFePo4 Battery. When I set the input current limit to anything less than 13 amps from my Venus GX device (Attached to the inverter by a MK3-USB cable) the Venus GX display automatically reverts the entry to 13 amps. When I try to set the input current limit directly on the inverter via Remote VE Configure, it does not seem to actually change anything in the inverter. In other words powerassist never kicks in when a large load is applied to the inverter. The inverter just switches from bypass mode directly to battery supply only mode because the inverter load overloads the external AC source input.

The latest Quattro firmware has been installed.

I have tried with "Overruled by remote" checked and unchecked.

I have tried with "Dynamic Current Limiter" checked and unchecked.

The whole point of spending this much money on this inverter was so that I could take advantage of a small AC input source from a separate hydro-electrically charged system here on the property to supplement the solar charge system that the Quattro is attached to..

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerpowerassist
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@CedarHaven

Do you have ess installed?

0 Likes 0 ·
cedarhaven avatar image cedarhaven Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I do not have ESS configured at present.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ cedarhaven commented ·

@CedarHaven

Dynamic control should be off. As this allows the system to self adjust the incoming amps.

Overruled by remote enabled so you can set it down lower on the venus. You can set the input current down in ve config. Ours is set to 4amps currently.

Set your grid charging amps for you batteries down as well if you don't want a massive load on the ac incoming you can even disable it if you think you can manage without that ability.

You can right click a feature in ve config and click 'what's this' to get the help for the feature you are unsure of.

0 Likes 0 ·

The Venus will not let me set the Input below 13 amps, even with the settings you suggested. I can change the amps to 4 in ve config but it does nothing, The Powerassist never kicks in, even with all the other settings you suggested.

0 Likes 0 ·

What firmware versions are you on the older ones don't allow the lower limits?

0 Likes 0 ·

I updated to the latest available firmware yesterday.

0 Likes 0 ·

In your post you mention you attach to the quattro with the mk3 but also using remote ve configure. Did you update over vrm?

It may be worth resetting to factory and setting up again onsite. It is strange how the amps cannot be set down. Are you unplugging the venus when connecting to the quattro?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers