question

karli avatar image
karli asked

Turn off/on Multiplus 2 remotely via Remote console in Venus GX

Hello,

is it possible to turn my Multiplus 2 5000 off and on via Remote Console in Venus GX?

Without a hardware-switch?

Thanks

Karli

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
harold avatar image
harold answered ·

Yes,You can switch, on off and charge only!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

karli avatar image
karli answered ·

Thank you for your answer. The only way that i found was, to connect the Generator-Start-Relay to the remote-in of the Multiplus 2. But that seems a bit complicated. Do you know a simpler way?

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Go to the menu and select the Multi. The first item is "Switch" which allows you to select On, Off, Charge Only or Inverter Only.

From the Mobile Overview page, the Multi mode is shown at the bottom center. Inverter Only is not available in this selection.

There's no way to do this directly from VRM however you can get to the remote console via VRM.

2 comments
2 |3000

laurenceh avatar image laurenceh commented ·

I have a multiplus compact and the remote console switch switch does not seem to do anything. I can’t change the switch state. Is there anything else I need to do for this to work?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B laurenceh commented ·

this will also work (However there are restrictions)

it wont work if

1. You have a VE bms in the system

2. there is a external DMC unit install (remote control panel)

if any of the above 2 items are installed then you LOOSE control of the on off feature in the remote control settings screen

0 Likes 0 ·
karli avatar image
karli answered ·

Kevin, i can't beleave that it's that easy. I think to complicated. Many thanks !!!

2 |3000

rithym1964 avatar image
rithym1964 answered ·

Be careful switching off your inverter remotely via Remote Console as if your LAN relies on this for power then obviously your network goes down so you can't switch it back on remotely.

To get round this power your local network (including any routers, switches, etc) directly from a separate small inverter connected direct to battery or use a UPS with it's own battery to power the critical loads.

2 |3000