question

betaoil avatar image
betaoil asked

Et112 power

201a9984-dcd5-4ddb-80ab-d6e09d7be13b.jpegDoes anyone understand this, Amps are 2.2 the wattage is 50W, and the voltage is 236V

The amperage is way off from it should be ?

As I reading this wrong?

Energy Meter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spudgun avatar image spudgun commented ·

Did you ever figure out what was causing this issue? I'd be interested to know as I am seeing the same problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
apple047 avatar image
apple047 answered ·

This is because of reactive power, you must have some capacitive/inductive loads that have current flow but no true power is being consumed, I came across a similar scenario.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

s-j-simpson avatar image
s-j-simpson answered ·

Im having the same problem, did you find the fix for this?, my multiplus wont balance the load properly because of this it seems.

Bimble solar Console.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

1234enough avatar image 1234enough commented ·

I have the same issue.

System is multiplus ii gx 48v 5000va/ Et112 in DB after main breaker & before any circuits with data cable extended by 4m CAT6.

It's more anoying than anything else, due to this vrm reported accumulated grid import is way out - like 1.25kwh( vrm readings minus utility supplier installed smart meter readings - which is used for billing) or more day. Work around seems to be set grid point higher than what is really needed, which seems to work as far as keeping import/export to near zero according to smart meter.

In the UK smart meters as supplied / fitted by the utility suppliers are commom place, these work on 2.4Ghz wireless, question for the IT boffins - could the data from smart meter be used as energy meter data for inverter?

Feel more testing required with test clamp meter on a given load to see if ET112 or smart meter is accurate.

0 Likes 0 ·
1234enough avatar image 1234enough commented ·

Tested various loads on ET112 and smart meter, both indicate the same reported wattage within 10w for loads ranging from 30w - 2050w, tested with all electrical circuits off apart from inverter in idle state + socket for the loads.

What is strange on the VRM the grid reported wattage is always around 60-90w more than the smart meter is reporting, anyone have idea as to why?.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources