question

hans-wurst avatar image
hans-wurst asked

Smart BatteryProtect 65A no Bluetooth?

Hey,

I recently purchased a Smart Battery Protector 65A for my 12V System in my Van. After installing it I wondered that it never showed up in the App under Bluetooth devices nor in the Victron App (iPhone SE using iOS 13 and also tested macOS)

After a quick google search I did reset it (more than once) according to this solution which apparently did work: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/41818/battery-protector-reset.html

The device lets me select the voltage settings with the numbers on the display (1 to 9 or -, I set it to 8) and the output voltage is working, but still no Bluetooth. The mentioned settings, with grey background in the manual, in Mode "-" just shuffles through and even though I stop for example at F (enable bluetooth) it just keeps shuffeling.

Am I doing anyhing wrong here or how is the diveice supposed to work? I thought its kinda plug and play after installing and all the settings can be done via bluetooth - but I keep on sitting in front of the device and try to get bluetooth to work.

I apreciate any help and input!

Cheers,

Mark

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

First things first, just to be sure: are you sure that it is a Smart Battery Protect and not a regular Battery Protect?

If this is the case, you can try to power cycle the product by disconnecting it completely, leave it disconnected for a few minutes and then reconnect.

If this does not work, do you also have a Android phone available? The Smart Battery Protect should be visible in the bluetooth menu of an Android phone (this does not work for iPhone). If it is not visible, then the unit may be faulty and you should contact your reseller.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Hans Wurst,

Did you see my questions?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·