question

toadhill avatar image
toadhill asked

MPPT Control display misbehaving

I have a 150/45 Smart Charger with tethered controller. It is reading Disconnecting and Version Not Supported......unplugging works to reset, but not permanently. Any ideas? Thanks

MPPT Control display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, there have been several issues with the MPPT Control. Including it being stuck showing "CONNECTING" or stuck showing "FETCHING HISTORY".

These are all solved. The last fix was made in September 2021, and since then no new issues have been reported. Finally.

To get issues solved, update both the MPPT Control and the Solar Charger to the latest firmware. More information on how to update here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/72020/mppt-control-repeatedly-into-connecting-status-aft.html..

Thank you to all for your patience in case you had this issue as well as all that helped get to the bottom of it!

Ps. I'm cleaning up / answering old questions in community regarding the MPPT Control, to make sure anyone that still has issues gets to the right answer as smooth as possible.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tommo avatar image tommo commented ·
Hi my understanding is you have to update the mppt display using a cable and a pc…… I don’t have access to either of these so please advise me how I can use my faulty controller , or do I just throw it away
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

sounds like a possible firmware mismatch, please connect the smart mppt to a victron connect app on your phone when the phone is also connected to the internet, then upgrade the firmware of the device connected. it may ask a few times that a upgrade is needed please do as many times as it asks.

Manke sure the tethered controller is also on

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Paul, thanks - one correction: it is not necessary to have the phone connected to internet.
that it would need that, or that it helps in any way is wrong info that I’ve been trying to root out for a while now; pls correct above, thanks!

@ToadHill, besides updating your mppt, I recommend to also update your MPPT control. Instruction on how to do that are on https://professional.victronenergy.com. When in doubt contact your dealer.

0 Likes 0 ·
toadhill avatar image toadhill mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the help, Charge Controller had been updated. Control is indeed version 1.01 from Inverters R Us on Amazon. I have registered with the Professional Portal and contacted them directly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic