question

l-sidey avatar image
l-sidey asked

How do I make the tank level appear on the VRM Dashboard?

Hi, I have added a tank sensor to the Cerbo GX and it shows up in the remote console. It doesn't appear in the Dashboard page of the VRM? It appears in the device list and I can see it in the Advanced page. Any help would be appreciated.

1608271626606.png

VRM
1608271626606.png (149.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As I have said in a past post Tank and tempature info they CAN NOT BE added to the dashboard of the VRM at this stage, victron may add it at some other point thats upto them but there is no way to display this at the moment to the best of my knowledge on the dashboard of the vrm.

UPDATED 22nd Dec

I stand corrected as this data can now be added to the VRM dashboard

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

l-sidey avatar image
l-sidey answered ·

Thanks Paul, reason I was asking is I can see on the victron website a post that shows a new dashboard launched by victron and it shows tank levels. Does anyone know if this can be done?

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/09/28/new-dashboard-launched-for-vrm/

1608530474941.png

1608530474941.png (165.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

well by the info you have provided the dashboard has now been modified to include this so thanks for that info, as I was not aware of it being added,

as to how, well the manuals say its automatic, so you will just have to dig around untill you find out, turn on items in services and IO until you get it working. I have not got any sites that are using the tank data, so I cant test it out for you.

Anyway have you configured the the sender thats in the device list and selected the correct PGN ie fluid settings etc. if this is not configured then i may not be showing because of that

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yesterday , I setup our own in house system and added a tank sender and I could also NOT not find a way to to get the VRM dashboard to display the newly added tank. I am resurrecting this further for my own interest and will advise if I find out how,

from the manual it is suppose to just appear on the VRM once it becomes active

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This has NOW been resolved, it was a issue in the VRM somewhere and I have been advised that its just been fixed

7 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Paul B,

I think there's still a bug somewhere. For me it's showing 5 tanks, although I only have one.

bildschirmfoto-2020-12-24-um-085542.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

stefanie, go to the IO settings and turn OFF the other tanks that you are not using. reboot the GX and see if they go away

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Paul B commented ·

Thanks @Paul B, all 4 tank inputs are turned off.

I'm using a NMEA2000 tank sensor.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

how are you connecting the nmea 2000 sender, and what device are you using to interface, I would suspect that you are transmitting multi nmea instances for tanks or something similar, I have no idea other than that, I have not seen this issue on any of my sites, so to go further I would suggest that you open a new question and put all your details about your setup in the question and even give screen shots of the setups there are lots of things that could be causing this, So I can't be of more help at this point.

another thing in the vrm under advanced and devices remove ANY unwanted items,

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Paul B commented ·

I have a Cerbo GX which is hooked up to a N2K network via VE.Can to NMEA2000 Micro-C cable.
It worked fine so far, indeed not showing tank level on the VRM Dashboard, but in Installations and Advanced.
In Device List I only see the my N2K tank sensor, which correctly is identified as CAN-Bus device. No unwanted items there.

Thanks for your help, Paul. Will open a new question and see if one of the devs can help.

Merry Christmas!

0 Likes 0 ·
Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@stefanie I just deployed a fix for your problem!

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

It's working now. Thanks very much, @Teun Lassche (Victron Energy Staff)

0 Likes 0 ·