question

zeebie avatar image
zeebie asked

SolarSmart MPPT 75/15 Bluetooth unable to Connect past 60%

Hey,

Today in the mail, I got a brand new MPPT 75/15

It's all connected up and ready to go.

However, both my boyfriend's android phone and mine are unable to connect to the device.

It hits 60% and then stalls.

I have tried power cycling both the MPPT and the phones, I have unpaired the devices.

I have attached a copy of the log report from the app VictronConnect_report.log

Any advice would be helpful, I am unsure what to do at this stage.

Cheers

Zeebie

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

@Zeebie

Thank you for immediately including a service report. From what we can see, it looks like the connection is made but also that the connection is quite slow. Are the phones also connected to other bluetooth devices? If so, can you please also try while not being connected to the other devices?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zeebie avatar image zeebie commented ·

I ended up borrowing another phone, a new Samsung, and it connected to the device with no issue and was able to update the firmware from 4.12 to the latest availble.

I am guessing that my phone and boyfriend's phone are too old/incompatible with the device.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ zeebie commented ·

Hi @Zeebie,

What you could try with your own phones is pair from the Bluetooth menu. Normally we do not recommend this, but it might help in this case. Once the phone is paired to the product, less data has to be exchanged when making a connection, perhaps preventing a timeout in VictronConnect that causes it to disconnect when making the connection takes too long.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
zeebie avatar image
zeebie answered ·

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff)

I've unpaired all devices from the Bluetooth on the phones, I force stopped the bluetooth service and cleared its cache. I also disabled the wifi so that there is no interference between the Bluetooth and wifi.

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue. However, I should note that in one instance I did manage to connect, must have been luck? however, the device needed a firmware update, and then timed out on 4%.

I am going to try and find another phone to use and see if that has better luck.

2 |3000