question

Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis asked

Manual Equalization not working on offgrid AC coupled system

I have a Multiplus 24/500 an MPPT 150/70 and a fronius 3.0 on the ac out.

I operate mainly offgrid. When I try to start a manual Equalization through the CCGX menu of the Multiplus, the process does not start if there is no AC input present. The MPPT takes care of the float of the battery and the AC Loads and the FRONIUS remains with 0W production. If I enable the AC input, everything works fine. The equalization starts and fronius kicks in. In fact after a while the equalization goes on properly and the fronius even feeds in to the grid.

The picture below is that state after I have asked the Equalization to start up.

So the question is : Will i ever be able to start a manual equalization without the AC input beeing present?img-20201128-113455.jpg

equalisation
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Vangelis Beligiannis

If you are operating mainly off grid do you have ess assistant installed or do you have pv assistant? You will have better use of the fronius in this case with PV assistant. Only downside is when grid is connected the fronius will be off. So the opposite to what you have now and better use of the equipment.

It may be that there is not enough power here to maintain the equalisation? I am not sure on this just speculating.

0 Likes 0 ·
Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image Vangelis Beligiannis Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi ! Thank you for your answer. The PV assistant is installed. The power available is more than enough. This is for sure because if I enable the AC input, (the equalization then starts) the fronius takes over the power needed to equalize and even feeds back to the grid.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Vangelis Beligiannis commented ·

@Vangelis Beligiannis

I find it interesting that if you have the pv assistant programmed on that the Fronius ramps up when you are connected to mains as this is not how it is designed to work.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:pv-inverter-support#summary_of_functionality

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic