question

william avatar image
william asked

Length of equalization period

I would like to have more control over the equalization period and how often I can start it.

My 24 V lead-acid cells are sulphated. My battery manufacturer suggests an equalization period of 5 hours at 31.5-32.0 volts. Our Multiplus allows only a 1 hour eq period when started from CCGX. If I try to start another eq period immediately after an eq period has finished, the CCGX tells me that eq is "Starting ..." but does not actually start an eq cycle ie bulk and absorption LEDs are not flashing; battery volts oscillates between about 31.5 and 28 V.

Is there built in to the Multiplus software a limit as to how often you can perform an eq? And for how long? Is it possible to change these?

Is it possible to do this another way, by setting the absorption volts to 31.5 (my desired eq volts) and starting an ordinary charge?

equalisation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You can set absorb to a maximum of 32V, so 31.5V should be fine.
Just make sure you remember what you have changed and don't forget to change this back once you are done.

Bear in mind that the MultiPlus is designed to work with healthy batteries, so having extra long Equalisation times or battery reconditioning profiles are not desired under normal circumstances, that is why Eq is limited to 1 hour.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

william avatar image
william answered ·

Thanks @WKirby. I understand about not overdoing eq, but we need to get our batteries back to a healthy state, and I'll take our manufacturer's advice to do that.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Sure, I hope they come right for you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic