question

Ingo avatar image
Ingo asked

Grid Alarm Ok but Phase L1 is 0.

I've been struggling with a problem since day-1 regarding my ACOut2 Relay not disengaging on a Grid 'phase error' when a Relay Assistant is programmed.

Here is the scenario: On a Phase, or Frequency, 'anomaly' my Quattro goes into Inverting Mode. Now without any Relay Assistants programmed the ACOut2 Relay disengages like it should. With Relay Assistants to mimic the On|Off of the ACOut2 relay things don't happen as they should. I finally built myself a Zero-Crossing detector and from this I can see there are frequency changes happening right before the Quattro goes into Inverting mode. It seems the frequency drops lower than 45Hz but the crude captures I took shows very brief drops which my circuit detects around 47Hz or less.

Downloading the VRM data I can see the Phase L1 drop to 0 even though there is 230V present. The GridOk variable is also Ok but still the Quattro detects 'something' and disconnect the Grid (as it should) but it doesn't disconnect ACOut2 Relay.

I wired a monitor relay from my ACOut2 to my Venus Digital Input 1 to check if the relay actually disengages but it never does. Visual inspection while it happens confirms that. Only on a proper grid failure does everything work as expected.

Can anyone check the attached data to see if there is a possible defect that prevents the GridOK variable to be set properly and perhaps that is the cause for ACOut2 not disengaging on a Phase error. Attached some graphs. The time of the error is 08:40.

*Note: Quattro set to Wide Input Frequency and strangely my Ziehl does't detect this using the recommended settings for South Africa. Quattro currently in Bypass Mode meaning no output loads while I try and figure this out.

freq-capture.png

acout2-relay-count.png acout2-relay-state.png

vrm-data.jpg

HousedeJager_20201211-0645_to_20201211-0945.zip

Ingo

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

I again had the failure of Current going to 0 while Voltage stayed on Grid level. Again ACOut2 Relay failed to disengage. Luckily I was working on my PC at the time and when my UPS 'flicked' I checked the Quattro to confirm ACOut 2 Relay was still engaged while in Inverting mode.

1607842054483.png

Is it possible that a custom assistant only look at Voltage? 'if AC2 Not Available for 0s' mean it ONLY checks Voltage, and nothing else, cause this? There is no other option to check Current as per the VRM data above. With No Relay Assistant programmed it works as designed but then I lose all my custom configurations. Below the 'Set relay off' section for reference.

1607842481403.png

HousedeJager_20201212-1714_to_20201212-1814.zip

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers