question

twista avatar image
twista asked

EasySolar-II system for charging battery at cheap rate?

Hi,

I'm looking for a system which will allow me to charge the battery from the AC Mains when the electricity cost is low. I am on an Agile tariff and I'd like to use EasySolar-II to charge the battery when the cost is low, either by time, or cost.

I would also like to check if EasySolar can be used to provide energy from the battery for the entire house, and for it to use the grid mains if the power is more than it can provide from the battery storage system. I don't want this system to just be for a number of "critical" devices. Is this possible? I believe so.

I would also have a small PV system I which I'd like to grow. Maybe if I am first looking at a battery storage system I should purchase the MultiPlus-II instead and when I am ready with PV to use the MPPT Solar Chargers.

Thanks for your advice,

Phil.

Multiplus-IIEasySolar All-in-One
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@twista

Hi Paul,

With ess assistant programmed the battery will charge from solar during the day if it has been drawn down in the evening or during a power cut.

There are anumber of other programming tricks that are used with the generator and assistants as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi there as per alexandras post

With ess assistant programmed the battery will charge from solar during the day if it has been drawn down in the evening or during a power cut.

There are a number of other programming tricks that are used with the generator and assistants as well.

these options are the only way you can get close to what you want.

IE ignor AC input thus no exporting and the allowed conditions.

or you can can turn other external contractors on and off under different conditions, so it can be done with some creative thinking and learning and trail and error.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.