question

steve-s avatar image
steve-s asked

VRM shows Generator Charge as Shore

Hi,

When I am not charging batteries my VRM shows Generator and Shore Power options but if I charge from my generator it changes to Shore Power. (Gen disappears). All data shows as power in from Shore. Any ideas why?

My system is:

Quattro 20v 5000VA 120A

Venus GX Control unit

solar panels etc.

Also, I am only acheiving a gunny charge rate of 1.5kw And cant work out how to increase it. Genny only seems to be running at 1/2 capacity

Cheers

Steve

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Gordon Clement avatar image
Gordon Clement answered ·

I'm not sure about your gen/shore labelling, but re: charge wattage, what is the max charge current/current limit on the Quattro set to? For a while I was only seeing 1100w of charge through my multi and it turned out to be the max charge current for the charger

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

steve-s avatar image steve-s commented ·

This is where i am lost. My input current limit is set to 18 amp (which appears when I start the genny). I see the generator normally sits at around 7amps but if a switch a kettle on it will handle the 18amp. I cant find anything else to adjust.

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image
harold answered ·

How are Shore and Gen defined in your GX?

1 comment
2 |3000

steve-s avatar image steve-s commented ·

Hi Harold, When I am on batteries it shows A/C input and Generator. When the generator is running I see Shore (generator disappears). Pictures below but disregard the charge rate as I started the Genny to get the snapshot and it hadn’t been running for long. It noramlly sits at around 1500w charge

Thanks - Steve6739854b-dc65-4506-950e-0cfc8b291f62.png

6e0b5785-85b8-442d-9f3e-5b59d6bb495d.png

0 Likes 0 ·