question

werdz avatar image
werdz asked

Trickle charge output on Phoenix IP43 1+1

Hi all

I have a Phoenix smart IP43 12/30 1+1 charger which is set to charge a bank of Smart Lithium batteries using the builtin profile.

The vehicle also has a 12V calcium starter battery which I was hoping to trickle charge with the second output, but I can't see any documentation on what algorithm gets applied to this (just that it's a 3A current). Is it the just same profile (in my case lithium 3-stage)?

Beyond probably not being high enough voltage to do a complete charge, is this likely to cause any problems for the starter battery? Even just something to stop it going completely flat would be useful.

Thanks!
Andrew

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

It follows that same profil as the main lithium batteries profile, no it wont harm the starter battery by connecting it as long as the house and start are the same voltage range Ie max absobption voltage is not over the start batteries limits

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.