question

Jacques Shepperson avatar image
Jacques Shepperson asked

LiFePo4 max charge amps and MPPT supply current

I want to build a mobile power system for a RV type camp trailer. The LiFePo4 batteries indicate max charge amps at 52 Amps(0.52C) and highly recommend 21 Amps (0.2C)

If I use a 150/35 Victron MPPT Smart CC how do I limit the battery from not charging at a rate over 21 Amps/0.2C ?

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Just set the MPPT to 21A max.

Download the VictronConnect app and open the demo library there you can see what options you have.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jacques Shepperson avatar image
Jacques Shepperson answered ·

Matthias, I would like to have the extra amps from the MPPT to supply power to the Victron Inverter.

That way the batteries can charge at 21amps /0.2C and the extra 14 Amps can be used to power a load via inverter.

Thank you for the reply.

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

"I would like to have the extra amps from the MPPT to supply power to the Victron Inverter.

That way the batteries can charge at 21amps /0.2C and the extra 14 Amps can be used to power a load via inverter."

Depending on which inverter and what batteries you have, you might be able to do that if you buy aditional eqipment and use DVCC (and limit the charge current from Cerbo GX).

You will need a Cerbo GX, a SmartShunt (it might work without this, but you should have a SmartShunt anyway), VE.Direct cables to connect the SmartSolar MPPT and SmartShunt to Cerbo GX and a UTP cable (RJ45 connectors) to connect the Multiplus/Quattro to Cerbo GX.

Check the Cerbo GX manual for details about DVCC.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources